13. How can you support my child’s emotional and social development?
We recognize that some children have extra emotional and social needs that need to be developed and nurtured. These needs can manifest themselves in a number of ways, including behavioural difficulties, anxiousness, and being uncommunicative.
All classes follow a structured PSHE (Personal, Social, Health end Economic education) curriculum to support this development. However, for those children who find aspects of this difficult we offer
- An in-school nurture provision, run by two highly trained teaching assistants. This follows the Nurture Principles and is run on a termly basis. See the separate page for Nurture for more information.
- All Teaching Assistants are trained in how to deliver Positive Play. This is overseen by Derbyshire Positive Play service and training is regularly updated. See the Positive Play page for more information.
- Lunchtime and playtime support through planned activities and groups.
- Forest Schools provision to encourage group co-operation and developing social skills.
If your child still needs extra support, with your permission the SENCo will access further support through the CAF process which will involve the Multi Agency Team.