10. What support can you offer me as a parent of a child with SEND?
The class teacher is regularly available to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns you may have and to share information about what is working well at home and school, so that similar strategies can be used.
- The Headteacher/SENCo is available to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns/worries you may have.
- All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you with the person involved directly, or where this is not possible, in a report.
- Personal progress targets /IEPs/ will be reviewed with your involvement every term.
- Homework will be adjusted as needed to your child’s individual requirements.
- A home-school contact book may be used to support communication with you when this has been agreed to be useful for you and your child.
- We are very aware that there is often anxiety and worry around a child with SEN and we hope to offer to support wherever possible. The Headteacher has 15 years experience of working as a Senco and also has a son with SEN. A new diagnosis can be confusing and upsetting and you can always come in for a friendly chat.
- We can also refer families to the Multi Agency Team who have a variety of ways of supporting families.