10. What support can you offer me as a parent of a child with SEND?
The class teacher is regularly available to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns you may have and to share information about what is working well at home and school, so that similar strategies can be used.
- The Headteacher or SENCo is available to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns or worries you may have.
- All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you with the person involved directly, or where this is not possible, in a report.
- Personal progress targets will be reviewed with your involvement regularly.
- Homework will be adjusted as needed to your child’s individual requirements.
- We are very aware that there is often anxiety and worry around a child with SEN and we hope to offer to support wherever possible.
- We can also offer Early Help to support children and families through our Pastoral and Early Help team.