Spring Term 2023
SPRING TERM 2
- identify and name the main parts of the human circulatory system, and describe the functions of the heart, blood vessels and blood
- recognise the impact of diet, exercise, drugs and lifestyle on the way their bodies function
- describe the ways in which nutrients and water are transported within animals, including humans.
While learning about the illnesses and treatments available in the Middle Ages, Tudor and Victorian Britain, we will evaluate their effectiveness and
SPRING TERM 1
This terms topic is ‘Living things and their habitats. In this topic, we will be using and creating our own classification keys. We will be finding out about the scientist, Carl Linnaeus. Also, we will be investigating microorganisms and using our investigative skills to see just how gross we can cultivate mould!
The National Curriculum states pupils should be taught to:
- describe how living things are classified into broad groups according to common observable characteristics and based on similarities and differences, including micro-organisms, plants and animals
- give reasons for classifying plants and animals based on specific characteristics
looking at the use of search tools to find and access online content that is appropriate for reuse in our own work. We will then design our own website.
Design and Technology
Linking with our History unit of Vikings, we will research why the Vikings needed to build boats in the first place and why they were made in that well-known design and shape. From this. the children will create a Success Criteria. They will then design their own Viking style longship and evaluate against their own success criteria.