13. How can you support my child’s emotional and social development?
We recognise that some children have extra emotional and social needs that need to be developed and nurtured. These needs can manifest themselves in a number of ways, including behavioural difficulties, anxiousness, and being uncommunicative.
All classes follow a structured PSHE (Personal, Social, Health end Economic education) curriculum to support this development. This includes Forest School sessions to support children's confidence, self-esteem and team work for all our children.
However, for those children who find aspects of this difficult we offer
- An in-school nurture provision, run by two highly trained teaching assistants. This follows the Nurture Principles and is run on a termly basis. See the separate page for Nurture for more information.
- Positive Play sessions run by trained Teaching Assistants. This is overseen by Derbyshire Positive Play service and training is regularly updated. See the Positive Play page for more information.
- Lunchtime and playtime support through planned activities and groups.
- A Lego based Social and Emotional Leaning intervention called Team Lego HQ
- Weekly counselling sessions for those with high level emotional health needs.
If your child still needs extra support, with your permission the SENCo and Pastoral Lead will access further support through our Early Help process.