Woodbridge Junior School Curriculum
At Woodbridge we want our children to leave us with a deeply embedded love of learning, many happy memories, and with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable them to lead happy, healthy lives and to continue their onward learning journey happily and successfully.
At Woodbridge Junior School we have designed a curriculum that is bespoke to our individual context. We have considered:
- The School’s individual context including
- the interests of our current pupils
- the past and current achievement of cohorts and groups,
- the percentage of groups on our roll, including learners identified as Pupil Premium and pupils who have special educational needs and disabilities
- historic rates of progress
- the school’s existing strengths
- The local context including:
- Published data on employment, health and adult education and skills measures of deprivation
- Local initiatives encouraging civic pride, Happiness initiative etc
- Local history
- The national context, including:
- The prevalence of new technology and the use of social media
- The mental health agenda
- The physical health agenda, in particular obesity
- The apparent increasing polarity and division in society
- The global context, including:
- Climate change and the environmental agenda
- Fast paced change in available technology
- Fast paced change in the types of employment that are available due to technological and other change
Read on to find out more about our curriculum in 2021-22. Alternatively if you would like to find out more details regarding the curriculum we teach, please contact the school directly.
Woodbridge Curriculum Themes and Topics 2021-22
Woodbridge Year Group Curriculum Coverage
Follow the links below to find out more about each Year Group's learning this year.
Sticky Learning films- follow the link below to watch a film about how to support your child with learning key facts in their Topic learning.
To find out more about how we make the curriculum accessible to children with Special Needs and Disabilities (SEND), follow the link below:
Woodbridge Curriculum Themes and Topics 2020-21
Woodbridge Year Group Curriculum Coverage 2020-21
Find out more about what we are learning on our Class Pages. Just follow these links: