5. How is extra support allocated to children, and how do they progress in their learning?
- The school budget, received from Derbyshire LA, includes money for supporting children with SEN.
- The Head Teacher decides on the deployment of resources for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, in consultation with the school governors on the basis of needs in the school.
- The Head Teacher / Senco and Senior Leadership Team discuss all the information they have about SEND in the school, including;
the children getting extra support already,
the children needing extra support,
the children who have been identified as not making as much progress as would be expected.
From this information, they decide what resources/training and support is needed.
- The school identifies the needs of SEN pupils on a provision map. This identifies all support given within school and is reviewed regularly and changes made as needed, so that the needs of children are met, and resources are deployed as effectively as possible.