6. Who are the other people providing services to children with SEND in this school?
- Teachers responsible for teaching SEN groups and individuals -they plan tasks that scaffold the learning of pupils who need additional support as well as challenge more-able learners through deepening their understanding.
- Teachers work closely with parents and the school SENCO to remove barriers to learning and promote inclusive learning in our school.
- Teaching Assistants are based in the classroom to provide support for pupils to be included in the classroom environment. If support is carried out with pupils outside of the classroom this is a targeted and structured intervention for an individual or a small group, for example, a phonics group, fine motor skills group or a Speech and Language Therapy Plan.
- Technology support (iPads and computers) such as programmes like 'Nessy' targeted spelling support.
- Teaching Assistants or TAs offering support for children with emotional and social development through our Nurture Group, Positive Play Programme, Drawing and Talking and Finer Diner Provision.
- We have a specialist Speech, language and communication Teaching Assistant who delivers 1:1 support to those with an identified need, including the use of Makaton and Proloquo2go on iPads to communicate.
- We employ a school counsellor who meets weekly with identified pupils who have social, emotional and mental health needs.
Local Authority Provision delivered in school
- Autism Outreach Service
- Educational Psychology Service
- Hearing Impaired or Visually impaired Service for children with visual or hearing needs
- Derbyshire Information, Advice and Support Service (DIASS)
- SALT (Speech and Language Therapy)
- Specialist SEN teaching support for those with complex needs as identified on a statement or EHC plan.
Health Provision delivered in school
- Additional Speech and Language Therapy input to provide a higher level of service to the school
- School Nurse
- Occupational Therapy
- CAMHs (Child & adolescent mental health service)