Watch the video above and complete one (or more) of the activities below:
- Write a diary/recount as the boy. Detailing how he felt about the dog at first and how he feels now.
- Rewrite the film as a 3rd person narrative, working on narrative writing skills such as description and adding dialogue.
- Why does the boy feels the way he does about the dog?
- Why has his mother may have bought that particular dog for him?
- Write a section of dialogue between Mum and the pet shop owner, perhaps she tells him why she wants that specific dog.
- How Scarlett may be feeling throughout the film.
- Think about what Scarlett says to the boy sitting outside of the school at the end and create a passage of dialogue.
- Create diary entries writing in role as Scarlett
- Write letters from Scarlett to people who may need her advice.
Watch the clip above and choose one (or more) of the activities below to complete:
- Write a news report of the event.
- Describe the giraffe in detail.
- Use show not tell throughout describing all that happens as if it is a human and then reveal at the end that it is in fact a giraffe.
- Write through the eyes of the giraffe