Self Isolation Learning
Reading for pleasure: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zfjxdp3
Fiction and Non-fiction: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z7n4ydm
Reading Shakespeare: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zn2x8hv
Expanding noun phrases: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zhfgcqt
Using paragraphs: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zv4j7nb
Using inverted commas: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z7s6t39
Using fronted adverbials: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z62ckmn
Using apostrophes to show possession: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zmq9kmn
Watch ‘Girl and Robot’: https://www.literacyshed.com/girlandrobot.html
Complete the following activities:
- Watch the film up to the title screen. Ask the children if they can guess what it is going to be about. Are there any clues.
- Watch some more and ask the children to come up with questions. (Why is she building it? where are her parents? Why is she not at school? etc)
- The children can collect vocabulary to do with machinery, cranks, pipes, spanners, sprockets and bolts. They can then use this vocabulary in their written work.
- Design their own robots and label with descriptions.
- Create the bare bones for the story and use these to write a narrative.
- Create a journal page for the girl, charting her successes and failures over a week. Perhaps using language to show her frustration.
- What happens next? Children write the next part of the story. Use the Writing pad to help you.
- Write instructions for building a robot.
Online Maths Resources
BBC Bitesize Rounding and Estimating https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zh8dmp3
Place Value https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zsjqtfr
Hit the Button
Work on your quick mental maths on times tables, addition, subtraction and number bonds. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
White Rose Maths
100’s, 10’s and 1’s, Numbers to 1000, Rounding to the nearest 10 and 100
Count in 1000’s, 1000’s, 100’s, 10’s and 1’s, representing numbers activity and a number line to 10,000!
Find 1, 10, 100 more or less, compare 4 digit numbers, 1000 more or less, order numbers, round to the nearest 1000
Count in 25’s